How To Upload Content to the Wiki
In the past when we have needed to put a large file out to the membership (Rally posters, News Sheets etc) it has been a central admin task to pick up the file from the author and upload it to the main web site. This is time consuming for the admins and a block to getting such documents out to the membership in good time. Now that we have this Wiki available for anyone with an Internet connectin to read for any member to upload to, we can do things somewhat more efficiently.
How it is done
- Log into the Wiki with your normal MAG server username and password (NB This is not the same as the mailman password)
- Select Upload file (You should find this in the left hand column of the Wiki site)
- Select the "Browse..." button
- Pick the file you want to upload
- Adjust the destination filename to suite (For example, Network is named Network_YYYY-MM.pdf eg Network_2015-12.pdf)
It is as well to also link the file you have just uploaded to a suitable index page. For example Editions of Network. It can then be reused easily by other people.
If you go to the relevant index page, then click "Edit" on the tabs at the top. Do try and stick to the existing style of the page. Usually you can just copy and paste the previous entry and adjust for the new name. Don't forget to hit Save at the end of the edit session. You would be well advised to use the "Show Preview" button to make doubly sure all is well before hitting Save.